Your First Visit
The first time you come to iClear Orthodontics, we will give you a tour of our office and introduce you to the staff who will be helping you throughout your treatment. You will have plenty of time to discuss any concerns that you have, as well as explain your treatment goals. Keep in mind that orthodontics does not have a one-size-fits-all approach. Often, more than one treatment option is available. Dr. Patel and Dr. Thakkar are happy to review the pros and cons of each so you feel comfortable with the direction of your treatment.
During your consultation, photographs and screening X-rays will be taken. Dr. Patel and Dr. Thakkar will do a thorough examination, letting you know of any potential problems and associated treatment options. By the end of your appointment, you will have a full treatment plan that will include everything you need to make an educated decision. Your treatment plan will help you understand:
- What, if any, conditions exist and how orthodontics can help
- Whether treatment is needed now or can wait
- Various treatment options
- Whether any teeth need to be removed
- How long treatment will take
- How much treatment will cost
- What payment options are available
If you have a child who is not yet ready for treatment, Dr. Patel and Dr. Thakkar will continue to monitor his or her growth and any changes on a periodic basis.
The more information Dr. Patel and Dr. Thakkar and their staff have on hand for your consultation, the better. Remember to:
- Download and complete “New Patient” paperwork, which is available on our website
- Bring any panoramic X-rays taken within the past six months
- Bring any relevant dental insurance cards or information (if you have dental insurance)
At iClear Orthodontics, giving you peace of mind that you are getting the results and care you deserve is of utmost importance. To help you with your decision-making process, your initial consultation is free of charge. We want you to have the time you need to be fully informed. If you walk out of the office and remember something that you forgot to ask, contact us. We are always happy to address your needs and concerns.